Your mindset and activity determines your age.
Never let the world determine your age.
Once you believe that you are too old to get fit and healthy you will be to old to get fit and healthy.
In this post I’m going to discuss how to become healthy even at the age of 60.
TODAY IS THE DAY you will decide to be the healthiest version of yourself in your 60s.
We are going to discuss:
- Benefits of getting fit in your 60s
- Health Warnings
- Program specifications (what we believe is vital to your workout)
We will also include a simple but effective FREE downloadable workout plan so you can get started today.
Benefits of working out in your 60s
When it comes to the benefits they are countless but we’re going to list a few.
- Fat Loss
- Lean Muscle Gain and Bone Strengthening
- Better Sleep
- Better Sex
- Improved Mood
- Better Self Esteem
- Keeps you active
- Prevents Cognitive Decline
- Protects the Joints
- Improved Balance and Mobility (Keeps you from injuring yourself)
- Helps Eliminate and Prevent Chronic Conditions (Diabetes, High Blood Pressure, High Cholesterol, and Heart Disease)
Yes see fitness into your 60s has more benefits then just vanity. Fitness also keeps you alive.
Yes there are warning to working out at any age. Always discuss with your provider before starting any workout regimen.
Remember that as we age we lose muscle mass so this means our muscles are not as strong as they use to be. This means muscles can be strained which would prevent you from working out and could cause pain.
Remember as we age our bones don’t have the same strength. As we age we are more prone to disease processes called osteopenia and osteoporosis. These processes cause bone thinning and weakening, which means bones are more prone to fractures.
Always allow proper recovery time. This is vital to prevent the above mentioned issues. Each workout should have proper rest days. We took this into account when creating the Forever Fit 60 Workout.
This FREE workout plan is simple. Remember we’re here to help. We didn’t want to overcomplicate things.
We took into account the things that someone who is 60+ needs.
- Mobility & Flexibility: We have to keep our joints flexible and mobile. This can help prevent arthritis. Stretching will be emphasized here.
- Resistance Training: earlier we said that our muscles loss muscle mass, so it is important to out some of that mass back on. We will focus compound and total body movements. As we age it is more important to use the body as whole.
- Agility: agility is reaction time. Agility decreases as we age. We are going to help you slow that decline with some explosive movements to keep you agile.
- Balance: As we age our balance can become an issue which can lead to falls and accidents. It is important to train your body to have balance.
- Cardio: Cardio is vital to any workout. It is even more important as we age. We have to maintain a healthy heart because of the years of wear and tear as we age.
These are the 6 elements to this program. We will allow you to set up the intensity. The goal of this program is to be Active not win a bodybuilding contest.
Remember any activity is better than inactivity.