Man of Health Clinic now has the once a week injection Semaglutide. This medication could help you lose 10 lbs in 1 Month.
What is Semaglutide?
Semaglutide works by mimicking a hormone called glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) that targets areas of the brain that regulate appetite and food intake. The medication dose must be increased gradually over 16 to 20 weeks to 2.4 mg once weekly to reduce gastrointestinal side effects.
Semaglutide was originally created as a diabetic medication, but providers noticed decreases in weight. Not it’s trade name Wegovy (Semaglutide) is being sold as weight loss medication for $900-1500 a month.
In simple terms the medications slows down gastric emptying. It makes you feel fuller longer, so your intake of food is decreased. This slowing of your GI tract, tells the body that your full so you eat less. The slowing of the GI tract also causes some of the side effects: (nausea, constipation, and diarrhea).
We’ve customized our Gameplan to minimize these side effects. Our provider will discuss in detail how we do this at your Free Phone Consultation.
- 84% of People on Semaglutide lost weight when titrated up to the maintenance dose.
- 37% of people lost up to 20% of the mean body weight.
- In a Research study: One group taking Semaglutide lost an average of 41 lbs in 1 year compared to 12 lbs for the exercise group.
- The most common side effect was GI related (nausea, upset stomach).
- GI side effect: Nausea, Vomiting, Upset stomach. These symptoms have been shown to improve with dosage titration and B12 injection. We include B12 with our injections.
- Does not drop blood sugar in patients, but should not be taken with other diabetic medications.
How Long can you Stay on Semaglutide?
One of the good things about Semaglutide is you can stay on as long as needed. Most patients stay on long after their weight loss. It helps maintain weight. Your body will set a maintenance weight, where you will no longer lose weight. We recommend staying on an additional 3-6 months after goal weight is reached.
How is it Given?
Semaglutide is given SQ (Subcutaneously) as an injection in the stomach. We use an insulin needle, there is minimum pain.
Semaglutide Gameplan: starting at $299 includes all of the following
- Medication: (Semaglutide + 10 weeks of B12
- Follow up Appointments a Virtual Weigh-in
- Weekly B12 Injections.
- Weekly Consultations.
- Fitness/Nutrition Plan
Click the Link Below to Schedule: